Thursday, November 4, 2010

Milk Cows

Today the girls and I had to go and help Grandma L. out of bed this morning and I also had to stop at the grocery store and get some more milk. Ever since Page weaned herself, it seems our milk usuage has gone up tenfold, its amazing. This is our third gallon since Monday. Well as I was buying it the thought came, oh how I'm so grateful that I can come to this store and buy the milk, instead of having to milk the cow for it. Especially on cold mornings like this morning was and I know this evening to be. When you are milking a cow, it has to be done, night and morning, every single day, at about the same time. I'm so thankful that I live in this more modern time were I have the convenice of going to the grocery store and buying my milk. Don't get me wrong, I can milk a cow, and I would if I had to, but I'm so grateful that we have big dairies, who do all the milking for us. Thanks to those who do go twice/three times a day to make sure the cows are milked for us lazy people who like to go to the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...