Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cowboy Fun~1st Quilt

~Cowboy Fun~
This quilt was the first quilt I ever made. It was made my sophmore year of high school 2002, eight years ago. WOW it really only feels like yesterday but I guess it was that long ago, amazing how much has changed in my life since then.
I had the cowboy block panels for awhile and I really wanted to use them, so I got the blue and tan to match. The blocks measured out to be 10" finished. I also learned how to machine quilt with this quilt on a home sewing machine. That is the only thing I would fix on this quilt since it was my first time I didn't quilt it tight enough and its now coming loose. But still today I love the overall look of it and really wish I had a place I could show it off instead of keeping it in storage.

1 comment:

  1. Cute quilt! Welcome to blogging-you're going to love it!

    BTW, I have a cute elephant quilt free pattern on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...