Friday, May 21, 2010

Anniversary Star Quilt

This is a quilt I made my mom-in-law and dad-in-law. Dad-in-law was always giving me (and his other daughters) a hard time about never getting a quilt and that everyone else got one. So when I seen these fabrics in the blues and browns I knew it was perfect! My mom-in-law loves blues and browns and my dad-in-law can only see blue and brown (and I think black and white) and I wanted to try out this new pattern that my good friend introduced me too. Its a buggy barn patterned called Garden Path, sorry can't remember the book we did it out of since its her book. I did modify it just a little bit because of personal preference but I thought it turned out great!
This quilt turned out to be a King size quilt and I really didn't want to machine quilt it on my machine so I was actually thinking of having paying someone with a longarm quilting machine to quilt it, but I was able to use a friends and do it myself, it didn't turn out as nice as I would've liked there are tucks here and there which I'm ashamed of so for now I'll stick with what I know and maybe someday I'll try again on a different machine and different table and see if it works better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...