Friday, July 2, 2010

NewBee July Blocks

Here is July's Newbee blocks for Colleen. She wanted halloween house blocks.

This is the first one I came up with and I totally messed up I Feel Terrible! Ok heres the story....

I recieved the fabric on a thursday, was so inspired I sewed this up on a sunday, was so proud of my accomplishment and how it turned out (my first house!) Well has I got on here to post my finished pic I re-read what she wanted and guess what.... The black was supposed to be the background like a spooky starry night, I was like well no duh! That makes sense. I feel horrible I read and read what she wanted and I never seen that part till just then, UGH!!!!
Well couple of weeks later I was looking through a quilt block book when I found this block for a house, and I realized I can do that for her, she will just have to add the black on the top two strips thats all, four seams she'll have to sew.
This picture is with some black material behind it just to give an idea of what it will look like finished. All in all I think they turned out cute, even if the one was disastourous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...