Tuesday, August 31, 2010

10 step applique

This tutorial is meant mostly for my Bee Quilted group so they can help me with my months block. But anyone can use the information.

I've already transfered the pattern onto fusible webbing.

First trim all the prepared fusible webbing pieces down to size.


2. Pick your fabrics that you want for each piece of applique.


3. Iron webbing onto material


4. Trim fabric along the edge of the webbing.

5. Peel paper off of webbing. I've discovered its easier done when it is cool not warm.

6. Lay out applique pieces on Tan background, close to the center.


7. Press pieces into place.


8. WaLa. They are stuck on for good. Now time to stitch them down.



9. Set your machine to a zig-zag stitch set at 2 for the width and .5-1 for the length. I like the stitches closer together. Stitch around each applique piece.

10. Your done. Now just do whatever emboridery you have to do and then quilt the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...