Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Book Club



So me and a couple of friends started a book club last month. So i thought I would post what books we are reading and my thoughts on them.

April~ Band of Sisters, by Annette Lyon. This book is about five women who give each other support and act as a sounding board at their weekly lunches, when their husbands unit is deployed to Afganistan. This book made me appriciate those wifes whose husbands do serve in any kind of military unit. The heartache and loneliness they feel, yet the pride they have in their husbands is tremendous. This story is fictional yet based upon true events. It is a really good book.
May~ The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. This book is wonderful. I heard so many good things about it that I decided to check it out, and its the book we choose for May. The sad thing about this book, is I already knew the principles talked about in it, even knew how to apply them, have even tried to a couple times. But this book is written very bluntly that I've decided to apply the principles right now. So we are going to be tightening our belts a little tighter and get our tractor paid off this year and my school loans by next Aug. (I actually think we will and can have it done sooner!) Then in about seven years we will have our farm paid for!!!!
I will continue to post what books we read.

1 comment:

  1. Very different books! (Dave Ramsey scares me . . .) Glad you enjoyed BofS! Thanks for sharing w/ your book club!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...