Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Over Abundance of Peppers

Did you know,
Three Anaheim Chili Pepper plants will produce 62 Anaheims in about a week?
Mine do.
(Ok actually there was more peppers, but I did give some away)
From those 62 Anaheims, it took me all day to wash, chop, and measure them out to freeze.
(Hey give me a break! I have 3 kids, a husband, 2 dogs plus a puppy to keep an eye on)
Anyways, 62 Anaheims when finely chopped equals 33 quarter cups.
Or 8 1/4 cups of chopped peppers.
Yep, my house smelt good.
I'm thinking salsa time!!!

Guess what else....
This is the third time I've done this, this summer.
Oh man do I have the peppers in my freezer.

We won't even get started on the Jalapenos and the Bell Peppers.

What's your favorite kind of pepper?
I ask, I'd like to know.

I once was a pepper hater....but I'm coming around, in a big way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...