Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Birth Control

I'm going to vent.
So I'm sorry.
Bear with me.

I'm so sick of people asking  telling me I'm must be done having children for I have three girls, so close together. It's been proven right? we can't have boys.
Geez.
Just so it's out there, yes we will be having more children and yes the next one will probably show up with in the next two years. We know we are suppose to have more children, so we are going to.

But what do you say to the lady in the fabric store that asks: "so your getting your tube's tied or a vasectomy done right?" (Oh no,  I love giving birth, I think I'll do it another 12 or 13 more times)
 or "wow....you do know what causes this right?" (no I don't....please give me a detailed explanation)
or "are you crazy?" (no I just smoke a lot of pot)

Really is it anybodies business but our own when we have children or the spacing of them?
So yes I have have 3 kids, 3 and under, a 19 month and then a 16 month separation. Guess what, it's me who has to deal with it.

But I find it very interesting all those who tell me all about different types of birth control, I'm about ready to start replying with, "oh don't worry, I go across the border and get my 25 cent insurance policy there. I'm protected."
or maybe "I do a voodoo dance and smoke ceremony before we do anything. I'm protected."

Once again, isn't it my business what kind of birth control I use or don't use?

Now this is not to say that I don't enjoy talking about this with women who are not scornful or rude about it. I don't mind at all talking about birth control with a nice person, who doesn't belittle me.

6 comments:

  1. I have to tell you a funny story about this. My boss doesn't want me to have kids cause then I'll quit and she doesn't want to loose me. So the whole office basically now has my whole life planned out. I'm going to wait two years and have my first then wait another 5 and have my second and then be done. One lady pulled me into her office and had a talk with me about birth control today. Pretty sure I should be having that talk with my doctor. And I'm the one having the kids I get to decide how many I want and how close they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had people do the same thing to me. And as politely as i could i told them it was none of their business when and if we have kids. One lady even told me that birth control was against our religion and that god would shun me if i used it and that children should come when they are suppose to. I was a little rude and told her to mind her own business and its not up to her when we have kids or if we use birth control. Its amazing what people try to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love this. You're awesome. I don't blame you for being frustrated- I completetly agree-- or now that Justin and I have been married for 3 1/2 years and have chosen not to have any children YET doesn't mean that we DON'T want kids or CAN'T have kids or that there's something wrong with us for wanting to wait for our finances and house to be in the best possible shape before we have kids. People are annoying! And I agree with you 100% It's none of their business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always surprised by how many people have an opinion no matter what situation you are in. Either they are asking you when you are going to have your next, or why you haven't had kids yet, or why you have too many. Why do people care? As the parent you are the one who has to deal with them and raise them and you know what you can do and what is best for your family in your situation. Way to go Marlynn because I think you are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what people consider THEIR business. When we shared that we were expecting our third, our PASTOR asked us if we were trying to catch up with the Duggars. That really irked me. I know he was being funny, but he was also kind of hinting that perhaps we were having our kids too close together. Why is that his business? Children are a blessing, and it's each family's decision (along with God, of course) how many they would like and how close in age.

    Some people just need to learn how to use a little discretion & bite their tongues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so funny the ideas people come up with! everyone thought jack was and accident, even my mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...