- When the fits start in the house I say "If your going to throw a fit, go to your room." She usually will stop and think about this and decide then if she's going to continue or stop. If she continue's I have to follow through and put her in her room. To bad I can't carry her room for when we are in the grocery store...
- If she makes a mess...she helps cleans it up. I've only had broken eggs once...she has not repeated that one....yet....
- Choose your battles and be consistant. You can't pick to fight jumping off furniture one day and not the next.
- Follow through on all punishments and rewards. They do remember.
- You've got to let some things go and not fight it or else you have what you would call a disobedient child and your relationship will be tough.
- And my favorite thought from general conferance this week. "If it would offend you if you seen your children do it, then you don't do it...your the example."~ Sorry I can't remember who said it and I'm sure I kinda paraphrased it, but isn't it wonderful and so true!
So totally random but it may also be useful to those new parents with babies still. I know I've got a long ways to go and I'm excited for each step that we will be taking as parents.